Full-Time, Non-Exempt position in ICA Miami's Finance Department.
Reports To: Director of Finance
Compensation: $45,000 - $53,000
Position Summary: The Staff Accountant is responsible for organizing, processing, and monitoring all financial activities of ICA Miami and ensuring that all accounting transactions are recorded accurate and timely.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Enters vendor invoices into the accounting system and ensures proper GL coding and approval of payables;
• Enters daily cash receipts into the accounting system and ensures proper coding;
• Prepares monthly cash receipt reports for receipts received through various sources (stripe, authorize net, shopify, and checks) and sends reports to senior management and the Development Department for review;
• Manages the monthly credit card reporting, including ensuring all credit card reports have proper coding, receipts, and approval, and enters credit card transactions into the accounting system;
• Issue checks and maintain online positive pay system
• Reconcile multiple bank accounts on a weekly basis
• Reconcile AR, AP, Accruals, Other Liabilities, Other Assets, Fixed Assets on a monthly basis
• Maintains filing for all accounting documents;
• Files monthly sales tax report;
• Supports Finance Director during annual audit and tax filing
• Performs monthly count of gift shop inventory;
• Maintains inventory listing of Museum administrative equipment and performs regular counts;
• Coordinates all incoming deliveries and distributes mail;
• Monitors the Museum gift shop, including inventory, sales data, and gift shop displays, and makes recommendations to senior management; and
• Assist in other administrative tasks and ad hoc projects.
• A minimum of two years of related experience
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and familiarity with accounting systems
• Ability to communicate effectively both in written format and oral presentation.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Ability to multi-task and establish priorities.
• Ability to maintain organization in a changing environment.
• Exhibits initiative, responsibility, flexibility, and leadership.
• Ability to work well in a team environment.
• Experience in not-for-profit entities a plus.
How to Apply
Please forward a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Employment Opportunities
ICA Miami provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, ICA Miami complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.