Full-time, exempt position in the Development Department with ICA Miami.
Reports to: Director of External Affairs
The Major Gift Officer is responsible for securing and stewarding gifts from individual donors participating in the museum’s high level affinity groups: Board-level committees, the museum’s Culture Club for LGBTQ+ members, and a forthcoming International Council. A crucial link between ICA Miami and its donor community, this position is an active member of the development department, shaping the identities of these communities and building upon the existing donor base through regular programming, meetings, and robust communications. The Major Gifts Officer reports to the Director of External Affairs and will work closely and collaboratively with the Artistic Director as well as board members and other external stakeholders. Familiarity with Miami philanthropy is preferred but not required.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
● Build relationships with qualified and prospective individual major donors through networking and other cultivation methods.
● Oversight of the museum’s affinity groups through regular communication and engagement, and maintenance of a robust calendar.
● Develop systems that proactively track donor and prospective donor visits, meeting or exceeding annual metric goals set for discovery cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship using the museum’s CRM system.
● Work with the Director of External Affairs to manage revenue projection and expense budget, as well as pledges and pledge fulfillments.
● Develop individual donor moves management strategies, along with materials, to renew and upgrade donor gifts.
● Write individual funding requests and funding update reports for donors as requested.
● Participate in the departmental portfolio review process and be a partner in maintaining an organized system for donor stewardship by updating constituent records in the CRM, as appropriate.
● Manage the museum’s newly established International Council.
● Attend all relevant ICA Miami events with a strategy to engage with donors.
● Assists in coordination of donor events including ICA Miami’s annual gala.
● Ensure proper donor recognition and oversee accurate donor lists.
● At least three years of progressive fund-raising experience in a not-for-profit organization, preferably in the arts, with a background in the cultivation and solicitation of individual donors, with proven ability to develop, solicit, and steward major gifts.
● Willingness to be hands-on in a role that is demanding and requires a high level of energy and professionalism.
● Ability to conceive, plan, and execute a major gifts program, including: annual giving, special events, and special projects/campaigns.
● Proficiency in common fundraising software/technology including integrated database systems, Google Drive, CRMs, and social media platforms. Experience with Salesforce preferred.
● Demonstrated ability to manage time, deadlines, and confidentiality.
● Superior interpersonal skills and ability to communicate professionally with a culturally diverse group of volunteers, co-workers and donors.
● Ability to regularly work night and weekend hours.
How to Apply
Please forward a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Equal Employment Opportunities
ICA Miami provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, ICA Miami complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.