* COMPLETE A SEPARATE RSVP FORM FOR EACH PERSON ATTENDING THE WORKSHOP *
SAS-C Grantee Workshop:
Inclusion Strategies for Children and Youth with Disabilities
New Date: Monday, April 26, 2021
New Time: 10am - 2pm via ZOOM
Grantees receiving funding through the Summer Arts & Science Camps for Kids (SAS-C) Grants Program are required to participate in this one-day All Kids Included (AKI) Professional Development Workshop on Inclusion Strategies for Children and Youth with Disabilities.
- This workshop will provide SAS-C Grantees with a hands-on approach and practical strategies for achieving inclusive arts and science summer camp experiences for children and youth.
- In addition, important information regarding SAS-C contract compliance and reporting requirements will be reviewed.
Who should attend:
- Per the SAS-C grant guidelines and contract requirements, this is a mandatory workshop. Grantees must attend the entire day’s session to meet contract compliance requirements.
- The Camp Director plus another key staff member, such as the individual responsible for data/outcomes collection and reporting, camp counselor training and/or day-to-day camp operations must attend.
- Organizations may request that additional staff members wishing to attend be placed on a stand-by list, subject to available space.
The workshop provides technical assistance in:
- People First Language
- Disability Awareness
- Universal Design
- Health Concerns and Emergency Action Plans
- Adaptive Techniques
- Inclusion Strategies
- Interactive Case Scenarios
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
(This is a participatory workshop, please dress comfortably)
If you have any questions, please contact: Ivette Dominguez
TO REGISTER, COMPLETE THE FORM BELOW FOR EACH PERSON ATTENDING