Find training materials here for including children with disabilities in classrooms and community settings.
Organizations receiving funding through the Summer Arts & Science Camps for Kids (SAS-C) program are required to participate in an All Kids Included (AKI) Professional Development Workshop on Inclusion Strategies for Children and Youth with Disabilities. The workshop provides a hands-on approach and practical strategies for achieving inclusive arts and science summer camp experiences for children and youth.
Due to COVID-19 and social distancing protocols, we have developed this Access Academy online training in lieu of the in-person SAS-C grantee inclusion workshop.
- First-time SAS-C grant recipients or individuals who have not previously attended the in-person SAS-C grantee inclusion workshop should complete the INTRODUCTION TO INCLUSION training.
- Returning SAS-C recipients who have previously attended the in-person SAS-C grantee inclusion workshop should complete the BEST PRACTICES IN INCLUSION REFRESHER.
- You may complete each lesson at your own pace.
- You will receive a PDF of a certificate from The Children’s Trust once you complete each of the units from their inclusion training (four units for new grantees, two units for returning grantees). Please upload the certificates into your SAS-C application in the Grant Agreement Uploads task.
- Once you have completed all the Access Academy lessons, you will take an online quiz based on the lessons.
- Submitting the certificates from The Children's Trust units and completing the Access Academy quiz will fulfill your SAS-C grantee inclusion training requirement.
For questions or assistance, please contact Katherine Revell at: Katherine.Revell@miamidade.gov