Contact: Amanda Sanfilippo | (305) 375-5436 | email@example.com
Deadline to Apply: Monday, October 31, 2016, 11:59 PM
Maximum Awards: $7,500 / $15,000
16/17 SFCC FELLOWSHIP DEADLINE & APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
The deadline for applications is Monday, October 31, 2016, 11:59pm
Applications will be available: September 15, 2016
1. On or before Monday October 31, 2016, visual and media artists must submit applications in digital format online through Submittable.com. If applicants have an already existing Submittable account, it is not necessary to create a new one.
2. Visit the direct submission link after September 15: http://artinpublicplaces.submittable.com/submit/aed18c41-68ac-481e-99d5-6c0b50d41d49
3. At this link, candidates will find step-by-step instructions on how to register, apply, and prepare images for upload. There is no application fee to apply or to use the Submittable online application system.
ELIGIBILITY & LEGAL AGREEMENT
All emerging, mid-career and established South Florida professional artists (those residing in Broward, Martin, Miami-Dade, Monroe or Palm Beach Counties) are eligible to apply. Candidates must have resided and worked in one of the participating five counties from October 30, 2015 to October 30, 2016 and must apply from the county of residence.
The Consortium awards the Fellowships contingent on proof of residency, which may include one or more of the following: property tax record; lease agreement; voter’s registration; or an IRS income tax return for 2015.
The Consortium defines a professional artist as a person who has created a recognized body of original works of art within an artistic discipline over a sustained period of time, and who is striving to achieve the highest level of professional recognition.
Individuals are not eligible if they are engaging in artwork as a hobby, if they are an employee of the participating County governments or of the South Florida Cultural Consortium’s member local arts agencies, or if they are a student pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree.
Submissions will be judged by the following criteria:
- Degree of artistic excellence
- Evidence of an established and recognized body of work over a sustained period of time
- Consistency in the submitted body of work
- All samples of work submitted for review must have been completed within the last three years prior to the application date. Failure to comply with this condition will result in disqualification.
16/17 SFCC WORKSHOPS: DEMYSTIFYING THE PROCESS
How are recipients selected and how can an applicant improve his/her chances of being noticed? Find out at one of four workshops being offered across the South Florida region.
Attendance at a workshop is encouraged, but not required.
Tuesday September 20, 2016
6:00 – 7:30pm
1350 E. Sunrise Blvd.
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33304 USA
RSVP: 954-357-7532 / LFORDHAM@broward.org
Wednesday September 28, 2016
Center for Visual Communication
541 NW 27th St, Miami, FL 33127
Friday September 2, 2016
The Arts Council of Martin County
80 E Ocean Boulevard
Stuart, FL 34994
RSVP: 772-287-6676 ext 2 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Friday September 23, 2016
11:00am – 12:30pm
Florida Keys Council of the Arts at the Tropic Cinema
416 Eaton Street
Key West 33040
RSVP: 305-295-4369 / email@example.com
Friday September 2, 2016
Cultural Council of Palm Beach County
601 Lake Avenue
Lake Worth, FL 33460
RSVP: 561-472-3336 / firstname.lastname@example.org