The Membership Manager is responsible for managing MCM's comprehensive membership program including the solicitation and retention of members at all levels as well as managing MCM’s young professionals group, the Playmakers, and its fundraising events.
- Create and implement yearly membership plan to meet or exceed budget goals, includes identifying, cultivating and stewarding new and existing members
- Create strategies for building and maintaining the membership program, including forging partnerships with local businesses.
- Strategizes and leads efforts with marketing department to develop membership promotions & materials.
- Updates and maintains member database on Raiser's Edge.
- Create, promote and execute unique monthly member events for exhibit openings and signature museum events.
- Manage and maintain the tile campaign through increased advertising, mailings and promotion of benefactor plus membership. Includes managing the logistics of program.
- In conjunction with the Associate Director of Museum Experiences, creates a membership training plan for DFl's & Educators to maintain and implement incentive programs to encourage membership sales.
- Works with the Development & Special Events Manger to execute MCM's gala after party and Something’s Brewing events. Tasks include managing event committees, securing sponsors and ticket sales and keeping track of raffle/auction items.
- Manages MCM’s young professionals group, the Playmakers. Includes conducting prospect research and membership solicitation.
- Participates in professional development activities to enhance knowledge and skills, including reading fundraising periodicals, journals and e-newsletters, attending professional development conferences, and other related activities.
- Responsible for other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree
• Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work with a wide variety of constituencies
• Ability to handle multiple projects and work independently
• Detail-oriented, with strong organizational, analytical, and planning skills
• Strong self-motivation and the ability to work in a team environment
• Experience with marketing and telemarketing efforts
• Proficiency in Raiser's Edge (or similar system) required
• Must be available to work evenings and weekends as required
Please resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls please.