AKI professional development trainings for educators, clinicians, teaching artists and cultural program administrators are designed to provide a hands-on approach to learning about adaptive techniques for including every learner, together with the knowledge of universal design. Educators gain a sense of excitement and renewed energy, as well as practical skills on how to use the arts to inspire learning in the classroom and clinical settings, and to include students with disabilities in mainstream programs.
The following AKI professional development workshops are scheduled for the 2017-18 series:
- October 2, 2017: Creativity and Inclusion through the Arts with VSA Florida
- October 3, 2017: Creativity and Inclusion through the Arts with VSA Florida
- January 19, 2018: Creativity and Inclusion through the Arts Workshop for Educators
- March 23, 2018: Educators Workshop on Inclusion Strategies Through the Arts for Children and Youth with Disabilities
- April (date TBD), 2018: SAS-C Grantee Workshop ~ Inclusion Strategies for Children with Disabilities
For more information, please contact Janet Evans at Arts for Learning/Miami (305) 576-1212 Ext. 30 / Janet@A4LMiami.org